Born in 1976, it was my time to discover the world in 2002. After my educations in both physics and business communication, I took up my backpack to Colombia and travelled around South America for 12 months. Pronouncing my first name in Spanish turned out to be a no go, so shortly on my way, it transformed into Brando.
The “El Don” part came up when I got the nick name “Don Brando” from several local farmers with whom I worked and lassoed some cows for a couple of weeks in the Bolivian highlands.
A unique experience that set the basis for my new way of work, my way of life. Create your own dream, follow your passion. And share it.
Right now I am based in Lienden, a small village in the center of The Netherlands, living together with my two dogs. Driving all over Europe and flying all over the world to put my passion into place in any type and kind of event. As long as there is some adventurous touch to it, I'm in!
- General Manager of Offshore Rib Events since 2008
- Freelancer with El Don - Adventure Management since 2007
- Interim Manager of the EVM19 Outdoor Resort sinds May 2017
- A.S.O. Dakar Crew member since 2015
- General Manager of All Sports Resort Maurik, The Netherlands 2005 - 2011
- Bartender and Snowboard teacher at Risoul, France 2003-2004
- Communications Consultant at McGregor Fashion, The Netherlands 2001 - 2002
- Communications Consultant at KPN Telecom, The Netherlands 2000 - 2001
- Bachelor Degree in Business Communication 1996 - 2002
- 3 Years of Physics at University of Utrecht 1994 - 1996
- High School Level A in Oegstgeest 1988 - 1994
- Dutch - Native
- English - Near Native
- Spanish - Ok
- French - Ok
- German - Ok
Doing the extra's
- Member of the Junior Chamber International The Netherlands
- Dutch representative for the International Powerboating Federation UIM
- South America backpacking 12 months (Colombia to Argentina, Brazil to Chile and all in between)
- Both Southern and Northern Europe by motorcycle on various trips
- South Africa
- North Cape Winter Expedition by car, camping at -25 Celcius...
- A variety of active holidays
- 3 times participation as navigator in the Morocco Desert Challenge (former Libya Rally)
- 3 years navigator in the Dutch Offroad Rally Championship
- 2 times participant at the Baja 300 Germany
- Navigator in the Dakar Rally 2016
- Think about it, act on it and get the job done
- Loyal to the roof
- Problem solving
- Motorcycle driving both on- and off-road